Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Talia's (NYC)

To sum up Talias – it's kosher fast food served on plates and silverware with poor waiter service.

Not sure why I went back.  Actually, the Groupon is to blame.  Who can beat $75 for a 3 course dinner plus a bottle of wine - for two. Actually, shabbos leftovers can.

The service is non-existent. Waiters setting tables while I wait to place my order (and there were plenty of set tables so there was no rush). The maitre’de looked like she was just doing her Sherut Leumi and deserved to be sent back to border patrol.

As far as the food - I made better steak my first time working a grill, and the ribs were, well, definitely not ribs.

At least the wine was good – but, it was a sealed bottle so you can’t really mess that up.

The place got an “A” rating from the NYC Department of Health,  but who knows, maybe graft is still alive.

I can go on and on about the place, but it's not even worth the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment