Friday, July 1, 2011

Sunflower Cafe, Five Towns- Guest Post

(This guest post was written by a lawyer from the Five Towns- so limited sarcasm but at least I wasn't charged by the hour- send me your guest posts! Sunflower also has a great location in Flatbush, only problem is it's in Flatbush and my blood pressure (and risk of arrest) rises when I go there)

Sunflower CafĂ© in the five towns – owned and run by Israelis, which means the servers can be opinionated and sometimes slow but the food is awesome if a little pricey! You can’t go wrong with almost anything you order.  If you get a salad, order it chopped, comes out much better.  The Lattes are kick-a**  exactly like them make them in Israel.  The sushi rocks too.

The fettuccine alfredo has great flavor, it is usually boring and bland in most restaurants, but not when prepared by Israelis, it stands out from any other one I have tasted, and let me tell you, I am a pasta/cheese aficionado!

There are kid options available which gives you a break on your wallet if you are going out with kids, (or just like grilled cheese or spaghetti in tomato sauce)

All in all, a great “night before kids leaving to camp” eatery!

No comments:

Post a Comment