Thursday, July 21, 2011

Some quick meals and a Guest Post

Over the last two days, I had some quick meals that I wanted to mention, as well as a guest post.

I must commend Mocha Bleu for their hours on Tuesday. As many of you know, it was a fast day and many stores did not open at all. Mocha Bleu actually stayed open one hour late until 10pm, allowing for people to come out and break their fast. As always, the service was great, although they ran out of the bottles of French lemonades, which I love.

Last night, I met two partners at Burgers Bar as they hadn’t eaten (I had some sushi from Sushi Tokyo in Flatbush, but that’s for another day....). The smell in the back of the store was worse than a Washington Heights basement. We still ate there as you see the food being made in front of you by ex-givati soldiers using gloves. Still, not a good thing..

On to a guest post on Grill Point in Kew Gardens..

I just ate at Grill Point on the corner of Jewel Ave and who knows in queens - all I can say is, grimy, greasy and all out awful.

I was basically sitting at the table of the people behind me.

The portions were large, but who wants to eat babganuch, matbucha salad, israeli salad and eggplant without pita bread - I ordered a salad platter and it came with no bread!

My husband asked for his entree as a sandwich - it was $17 even though the waitress said $14!

I left feeling like a grease ball. I'm a vegetarian but even the salads were heavily oiled up.

All in all- never going back!

Blech!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment