Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Kosher Diet Delivery


I’ve received lots of comments, emails, bbms, Facebook posts as to what diet I was on and why I haven’t been eating out.

Over the past three plus years, I’ve been able to shed 35 pounds off my high marker weight.

Thankfully, I have been successful in this task as a result of a combination of diet, exercise and vitamins.

I’ve been running one to three times a week, 5-12 miles at each shot as well as a mile or two on stairs. Few things beat fish oil and red yeast rice to reduce your cholesterol along with exercise and dieting.

I get my meals delivered daily from Kosher Diet Delivery.

Simply put, it's great.

I pay on the 60 day schedule, so I’m at $34 or so a day. I started at six days a week and now I'm only doing four.

Breakfast ranges from omelets to stuffed French toast (incredible) to breakfast burritos (I can do that one every day). By the time you finish breakfast, you say to yourself - "I can do this diet forever."

Lunch is a selection of salads, though I am on the wrap version. I couldn’t deal with splattering dressing all over myself daily. Lunch is usually meat so you can’t have some of your friends Reese’s pieces to nibble on. Nothing beats a roast beef wrap with a side of cucumber salad. Once again- this is a diet?

Dinners- lots of fish and chicken. But every so often you can feast on stuffed cabbage (splatter alert) or some veal (which I pass on for turkey- mental issue between me and veal).

Rest assured! there are snacks during the day. Custards, soufflés, fruit, nuts. In case you can’t tell, I’m loving it.

Now, for the "$34 question," is it expensive? Yes! But is it worth it? Definitely. In addition to the weight loss aspect, as I’m away from home 15 or so hours a day, I ate out for years. Eating out three times a day far exceeds the $34 price tag on a per capita basis. PLUS, the hours of talking, thinking calling and discussing what you will be eating are eliminated (and in my case, in Brooklyn, arguing with them when they screw up your order). 3 full meals and the snacks are all delivered in a cooler to your doorstep overnight.

They have weekly tryouts at a cheap price, so check it out. If you don’t like certain things, tell them - they'll customize your menu to your preferences. You can also go online and modify your menu as well.

Mention my name and tell them you want a third snack a day



Kosher Diet Delivery
http://www.kosherdietdelivery.com/
800-354-3122 

No comments:

Post a Comment