Monday, August 1, 2011

Guest Post: SOLO NYC

I liked the atmosphere of solo, not as cramped as prime grill.

Appetizers.. I had the veal sweat breads..it was good, not great and the portion was very small for being the most expensive appetizer..$24. I would not order it again if I went back. My wife had the Solo Porcini Mushroom Velouté (soup) which was fantastic and a generous portion. 

The main dishes..I had the Cowboy steak..hands down one of the best steaks I've ever had! nice size and every bite was amazing. My wife had the short ribs, also delicious. I just had the leftovers for lunch.

Desert...I had the Passion Fruit Meringue..it was awesome! a great cold desert..Wife had the Molten Chocolate Cake..same like everywhere else. 

All in all, it is pricey but the food was excellent...I would though ask people which appetizers are worth getting before you go and please get the cowboy steak! I would definitely go back!

Solo

The Sony Building @ 550 Madison Avenue
212-833-7800

No comments:

Post a Comment