Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Guest Post- Milk Street Cafe NYC

Years ago when we took a trip to Boston we stopped off at the Milk Street Cafe for lunch.  It was so tasty and we all asked why no one had opened something like it in NY.  Circa had tried but no one can top the original.

2 weeks ago I was in the Financial District with my son for a dentist appointment and asked a friend where I could take him for dinner and he suggested the Milk Street Cafe.  It is easily located at 40 Wall street, Trump Tower.

Even better than its Boston location this store had several stations that can make everyone in your family happy.  When we first walked in we walked around to see all our options as there were many.
Dairy Salad Bar
Meat Salad Bar
Panini Station
Meat Station
Asian & Sushi Station
Barista Bar

I went with the Asian station and had a piece of salmon, stir fried vegetables and rice.  My son toured all the stations and wanted to start with french fries and a roll.  The salmon was so tender and delicious I took some home for the next day.

Afterwards my son enjoyed a smoothie and sampled many of their desserts.  The place was clean, and well staffed.  Everyone that worked there was more than happy to help and answer any questions.

I stopped by the next week for dinner and got a Rockfort Salad for dinner and picked up another salmon with vegetables for the next day lunch - all delicious, looking forward to not being there on the nine days so I can check out the meat station

I went back again the next night and picked up dinner and a salad for the next day.  The salad was so fresh that the next day it tasted like it was made minutes before.

Yes a glowing review but as I said Milk Street does it right.  Best part I think is that they serve both meat and dairy - everything  is given out in take out containers so if your husband wants meat, you want a great salad and your kids want sushi you can all be happy in one place at the same table.

Easily accessible by train and there is a parking lot in the next building.  Daily specials are listed on their website.  We have not yet sampled their catering menu but it was not hard to convince my office mate that next months office lunch should be ordered from Milk Street.


Milk Street Cafe
Manhattan
40 Wall Street
New York, NY 10005
Phone: 212-542-3663

Boston
50 Milk Street
Boston, MA 02109
Phone: 617-542-3663

No comments:

Post a Comment