Thursday, September 22, 2011

Maoz Vegetarian


As many of you know, I love Israel. From the flights (nothing beats business class on miles) to the Kotel, from the food to the hotels, I can go there monthly.

The ability to pretty much be able to stop and eat anywhere is the best part of the food aspect. Walking down a street, smell fresh pita and walk in and get one- in Jerusalem yes, the rest of the world, regrettably NO.

UNTIL NOW

Maoz Vegetarian is an Israeli Falafel “stand.” In reality, it’s small stores located throughout the City (currently six of them). They also offer great delivery service, which I used yesterday (and lord knows I can go on about delivery services- that used to be my job at my Brooklyn office at 1pm everyday).

They offer whole wheat and regular pita, salads, fries and freshly squeezed juices. The salad bar options are the traditional ten or so salads.

The best thing about the place- the fries are either regular, sweet, or a mixed bag of both. What a great idea. Not sure why no genius has thought of that before.

They offer a few “deals” which basically make it easier to order.

They are well staffed and the line moves fast. Thankfully, Maoz takes all credit cards, though the average bill is only $10.

Here is the one down side - there are no damn seats! I understand their model, but I ate one of my meals there on the street curb outside next to a homeless man! They need to work on some benches or something, outside regulation permitting.

All in all, very worthwhile.

Maoz
212-777-0820
212-265-2315 deliveries
www.maozusa.com (you can order online)

locations: 200 West 40th St @7th Ave, 2047 Broadway, 59 East 8th St, 683 8th Ave, 38 Union Square East, 2857 Broadway @ Columbia

No comments:

Post a Comment