Sunday, June 19, 2011

Welcome to The Kosher Kritic

So "kosher kritic" was taken (though not blogged since 2009) but I loved the name, so "The Kosher Kritic" it is!

I always wanted to be a food critic. Probably because I am a whiner by nature, but also based on my life experiences. I spent ten years, from age 14 until age 24 toiling in the food industry, either part time of full. But part time in the food business is a full time job, and full time is a french frie short of slavery.

As my real estate consulting career took off thank god, I always found that food was the best way to a Jewish persons soul, mind, body , wallet, and, well just about anything. Wednesday night staff dinners at La' Marais or Abigael's built a team spirit. And the bottom line, as well as my waist line proved my theory right.

Dinner with friends was always an issue since I liked to order the appys for the table. Why experiment with some crap when I knew the popcorn chicken or the sausage sampler was the way to go? I got the nasty comments, but usually the "this was great" after.

Then the children got older, and I discovered that many places in Teaneck need to really step up their game. The two places I spent most of my childhood working was Bubbas Bagels and Noah's Ark, and I learnt much from Hal Roth and Noam Sokolow. Customer service was key. The customer was always right, and you strived to make them happy. Yet somehow Teaneck eateries seem to be in business to make a buck, and a buck only. What they don't realize is that it will only be a quick buck. Because the customer never forgets.

So as life requires me to eat out often, I will use this blog to share my experiences. Comment with yours or guest post by emailing me at thekosherkritic@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment