Wednesday, June 22, 2011

BumbleBerry Yogurt

People have asked me why I started this blog. As many of you know, over the last few months, there has been a sharp decline in the service department of Teaneck’s Restaurants. Poor quality, quantity, consistency and cleanliness are just a few of the examples. I'd like to say that if just one restaurant cleans its bathrooms as a result of this blog, I’ve served my purpose.

Last month, on a Saturday night, I was working in my office and was dying for some orange sorbet. Many of you have been to BumbleBerry and know the product, so you can understand how I was looking forward to it after a long 80-degree, 200% humidity shabbos. I arrived at 12:45am to find them closed, even though their posted closing time was 2 AM. The employees claimed “the manager said we can close early since it’s a slow night.” What crap. The posted hours are the hours. I still remember Shelly’s closing time being 9:30pm, and YOU DO NOT, upon threat of death or deportation, turn off the outside sign (switch 32 if I remember correctly from 1995) until 9:30 sharp. We used to count down the seconds.

Flash forward a month to last night when I found myself in my office at 10:25pm in the mood for the same orange sorbet. I called them and they said they were just about to close (10:30pm). I was feeling lucky and asked “Ben” to make me a cup and put it on the side. Sure enough, he actually did, and I got there ten minutes after closing. I can only imagine what they would have said if this were some other restaurant (Pizza Crave would have just hung up the phone on me).

So… I start the blog, and I’ve had some good experiences so far. Progress?

Not sure what tomorrow night will bring. Real Estate broker party in the city, but I  think I may skip it. Any suggestions for dinner?

BumbleBerry Yogurt
1445 Queen Anne Road
Teaneck, NJ 07666
(201) 357-4220

No comments:

Post a Comment