Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ariel's of Englewood

In my last review of Ariel’s (pre-blog, on Facebook), I ripped the place. Just about everything was wrong. As it was late at night, right before closing, and I took out, I figured one day I might go back.

So, this past Sunday, we negotiated dinner with the kids - had to be dairy for ice cream after and couldn’t be local pizza since I didn’t want to get arrested (banks aren’t open tomorrow and bail money is in the safe deposit box).

The place was empty at 5pm on Independence Day Sunday. Probably a good thing since my older daughter was never mistaken for a monk. They forgot a few napkins on the table, but my younger son prefers his shirt anyways.

The appys had too much cheese on it, both the stuffed chili pepper and the sweet potatoe nachos, but it is a dairy restaurant, so what can I possibly expect.

The pasta was great, but if you can’t make fettuccine alfredo you really shouldn’t open to begin with.

Once thing Ariel’s always had was good, cheap desserts, and since I like ordering everything on the menu, that usually works well for me. Problem is, they were out of almost everything. “We only have what the owner makes, everything else we bring someone in for and he hasn’t come in for a while." Nice, really nice.

At least they had the Beignets, which I’ve never seen at a kosher restaurant north of Orleans Parish. It was as good as Café Du Monde’s, but that could just be because after a night of drinking in the French Quarter, any solid food tastes great.

In summary, Ariel’s needs to step it up. It opened to great fanfare, but it can’t slip this early in the game. Please. I beg you.  Get your act together.

Ariel's of Englewood 18 Engle St,Englewood, NJ 07631 201-569-1202
http://www.arielskosher.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment